Author Topic: For Trade: Smith and Wesson Model 10  (Read 538 times)

Offline Search

• Committee: Vendor
For Trade: Smith and Wesson Model 10
« on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »
I have a S&W Model 10-10 with a 4 inch barrel that I want to trade for another S&W with a 2.5 inch or less barrel. I would prefer another K frame in .38 or .357 but Iíll consider anything. The 10-10 has the firing pin on the hammer and no lock. It was a police trade in, so the finish is pretty rough, but it has a Wolff spring kit installed and the rebound slide was polished so the action is very smooth and itís very accurate.
'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango

Offline AutoTraker

• Forum User
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
I believe I have a couple pinned barrels. I think 2" chrome and a 2" blued. I don't believe the model 10 ever had a 2.5" barrel. I believe they went to the 2.5" when the model 19 was introduced.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

--
Rich...
Last count have 3 Jeeps. A CJ, TJ & a XJ.  Also got a Yota.
I Live in a Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots.
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA

Offline Search

Re:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »
I believe I have a couple pinned barrels. I think 2" chrome and a 2" blued. I don't believe the model 10 ever had a 2.5" barrel. I believe they went to the 2.5" when the model 19 was introduced.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yea, there are a few K frames that had 2.5. The model 19, and 66 are ones that I know for fact had 2.5. There may be others but I donít have enough knowledge to say without looking up.  Iíve seen the 10, 15 and 64 with 2 inch barrels as well. Thatís why I wasnít specific about what models I was looking for. You interested in trading either of those?
'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango

Offline AutoTraker

• Forum User
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:54:30 PM »
Yea, there are a few K frames that had 2.5. The model 19, and 66 are ones that I know for fact had 2.5. There may be others but I donít have enough knowledge to say without looking up.  Iíve seen the 10, 15 and 64 with 2 inch barrels as well. Thatís why I wasnít specific about what models I was looking for. You interested in trading either of those?
I'll be gone for the weekend up to Big Dogs but when I get back I'll check what I have and let you know. If I'm not mistaken, the 38 special were all 2" and then the 357 was 2.5" because of the extra cly length. I've been playing with the S&W revolvers since the 70s and I can't recall all the details. There were so many variations of each model its impossible to keep track of.
I'm assuming you want a 2-2.5" shooter and don't really care about looks right?
--
Rich...
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA

Offline Search

Re:
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »

I'm assuming you want a 2-2.5" shooter and don't really care about looks right?

Thatís exactly right.
'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango

Offline AutoTraker

• Forum User
Re: For Trade: Smith and Wesson Model 10
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
Just checked what I have laying around and I don't believe I have anything that will work for you.
I got a 2" nickel pinned barrel but it has the higher sight for like a M15 with adjustable rear sight.
2" is kind of lousy since you can't get a full stroke on the ejector.
Maybe cut that one to 3" and keep the long ejector.
The M10 was also popular for building for PPC comps and there are plenty of barrels on eBay.
--
Rich...
Central Virginia Jeepers
RCPFA

Offline Search

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »
Thanks for checking
'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango

Offline Search

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 10:28:59 PM »
Will trade for a 3 inch barrel as well. Can also add cash for the right deal.
'15 Unlimited Rubicon
'13 Durango