Author Topic: WTB 4.10 TJ axles  (Read 445 times)

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
WTB 4.10 TJ axles
« on: November 01, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »
Looking for some 4.10 axles to swap into my 2000 tj. Currently running 3.07 with 33s....

They came stock on 5spd 4cly models.

Found some up in New England for $300 so I might grab those and make the swap at my parents house but just wanted to see if anyone around here had some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline smileyT

• Member 2017
  • TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
Re: WTB 4.10 TJ axles
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:29:57 PM »
Looking for some 4.10 axles to swap into my 2000 tj. Currently running 3.07 with 33s....

Found some up in New England for $300 so I might grab those and make the swap at my parents house but just wanted to see if anyone around here had some.

If these are complete this is a deal and you should jump on it!

T
2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 35 nitto mt, aluminum paint matched fenders

Don't forget to tip your bar and waitstaff!

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 07:52:30 AM »

T

Oh I plan to! He's just gotta confirm they're actually 4.10s. The next question will be if a set of TJ axles can be transported in the back of TJ lol.

Offline zuke

• Forum User
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 08:31:28 AM »

T

Oh I plan to! He's just gotta confirm they're actually 4.10s. The next question will be if a set of TJ axles can be transported in the back of TJ lol.

I realize you're half joking, but If I were in that situation, I'd take my 3.07's out of the TJ and put them back in before leaving here,(Too make sure you can, and will have all good hardware when you get there). Drive it up there, Swap the axles in New England and scrap the 3.07s there, Then Drive back.

Heck, Put the 3.07's on Craigslist there now, For Trade, for a warm place to change your Axles!
John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara Wife's True Mall Crawler
2008 JK Unlimited Wheeler/Daily Driver
1999 TJ Wheeler/Driver
1990 SJ Wheeler
1989 XJ Plow Truck

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »

T

I realize you're half joking, but If I were in that situation, I'd take my 3.07's out of the TJ and put them back in before leaving here,(Too make sure you can, and will have all good hardware when you get there). Drive it up there, Swap the axles in New England and scrap the 3.07s there, Then Drive back.

Heck, Put the 3.07's on Craigslist there now, For Trade, for a warm place to change your Axles!

Thats the smart way to do it for sure. But the whole reason I have to do it in NY is because thats where the tool/garage/helping hand are. I would also hate to basically do the same work twice, you know. I'm going to do some searching around the web and some measuring and figure out if its close. If it looks like it won't work I'll have a buddy with a pickup grab them for me.

Offline zuke

• Forum User
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 08:56:51 AM »

Thats the smart way to do it for sure. But the whole reason I have to do it in NY is because thats where the tool/garage/helping hand are. I would also hate to basically do the same work twice, you know. I'm going to do some searching around the web and some measuring and figure out if its close. If it looks like it won't work I'll have a buddy with a pickup grab them for me.

Well, I'm actually fairly confident you could fit them in with the backseat down, But if you have a trailer hitch, I'd think about using a small utility trailer or hitch basket (A STRONG hitch basket, if you go that route...)
John

2015 JK Unlimited Sahara Wife's True Mall Crawler
2008 JK Unlimited Wheeler/Daily Driver
1999 TJ Wheeler/Driver
1990 SJ Wheeler
1989 XJ Plow Truck

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:49 AM »
Yeah my backseat is permanently removed so I think I'll be all right. A hitch basket would be the way to go, if I had a basket or a hitch lol.

Offline sirjames186

• Club Secretary
  • 05 LJ
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »
Oh, they will fit.  It's just a matter of it you're back window will close.  For $300 I'd bundle up and live with it though.
"I'm no longer ashamed to wheel with you." - Jeremy

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
Re: Re: WTB 4.10 TJ axles
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 09:16:36 AM »
Oh, they will fit.  It's just a matter of it you're back window will close.  For $300 I'd bundle up and live with it though.
Only have a soft top, I'll be able to deal with it. Thanks for all the help here guys. Just hoping that this guy actually has 4.10s and not something else. He should be getting back to me today.

Offline RFH_98TJ

• Member 2017
  • 98 TJ 4.0 Sport
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 08:35:20 AM »
HF sells a hitch basket for $40 when it's on sale (might be now).  I have one and it's listed for 500 pounds.  I took scrap metal to the junk yard with it along with carrying two 8.8 axles on it.  Worse case, add some straps that connect to the roll bar for added lift.

You may consider removing your front passenger seat since you are getting two axles.

Offline crazyskier92

• Forum User
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 04:31:39 AM »
Find a set of 4.10's yet? I have a set we could work something out. Was gonna install them in my jeep but thinking of just making the leap to Tons.

Offline JubileeJones

• Forum User
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:23 AM »
Find a set of 4.10's yet? I have a set we could work something out. Was gonna install them in my jeep but thinking of just making the leap to Tons.

If ctferrara doesn't want/need them I am definitely interested.

Offline crazyskier92

• Forum User
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
Well looking for 5 bills complete axles ready to drop in 4.10's. Already pulled and ready to go

Offline ctferrarajr

• Forum User
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »
Hey man thanks for the reply. I actually found another set up in PA that I'm planning on grabbing this weekend. I'll let you know if it falls through