Author Topic: Super NES Classic.  (Read 464 times)

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
Super NES Classic.
« on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:57 AM »
I️ managed to get both at the Front Royal Walmart. The NES I️ got a while ago. But the Super NES they have been getting a couple pretty regularly. Just wanted to let my fellow nerds be aware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
Re: Super NES Classic.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:22:26 AM »
FYI : Came across this article if you cant make it to a Brick and Mortar location.

http://bgr.com/2017/11/14/snes-classic-edition-in-stock-walmart/

Online jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
Damnit, wish I had seen this sooner, I live in Front Royal and have been looking for one for myself and a buddy. 
Jeff

2013 Unlimited Sahara, Gecko Green
AEV 2.5" lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, Argent Pintler wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs.

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:51 AM »
Damnit, wish I had seen this sooner, I live in Front Royal and have been looking for one for myself and a buddy. 

Pretty sure I see you at Walmart/Lowes/Target every so often haha.

Offline Jeepsnbuses

• Member 2017
  • One man's trash is another man's treasure.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:11:27 AM »

Was this actually good/worth buying?  Initially I really wanted one, but when I didn't pre-order and the prices skyrocketed I really couldn't bring myself to justify it.  I've pulled my Sega Genesis out in the past for sh*ts and giggles but ended up getting bored with it again pretty quickly.  Same thing with the NES Classic?  Or no?
Jeep: 1987 Cherokee w/ 4.0, 242, D30/44, and some things
Jeep: 1986 CJ7 w/ 258, 5-speed ((SOLD))
DD: Thirsty 2008 Chevy Silverado
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »

Was this actually good/worth buying?  Initially I really wanted one, but when I didn't pre-order and the prices skyrocketed I really couldn't bring myself to justify it.  I've pulled my Sega Genesis out in the past for sh*ts and giggles but ended up getting bored with it again pretty quickly.  Same thing with the NES Classic?  Or no?

The biggest seller for me was that you can power this thing with any USB outlet and it has HDMI for newer TV's  I no longer own any of those ancient relic 100lbs brick TV's. You can also save files for progress for each game. I grew up having an NES and Super NES as a child so the nostalgic factor and retro video game collector was also a big selling point for me.

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »

Side note: I would not pay much more than retail for either of these systems. Unless you cannot wait it out.

Offline Dropkick

• Member 2017
  • Alexandria, VA
    • Need a New House? click here
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
I think I've still got my original NES classic in the closet at my moms house. My brother and I would hook it up when visiting for the holidays. I'm with Jeepsnbusses, it's fun for a while then we get over it.
Shamus

'09JKU

Offline Jeepsnbuses

• Member 2017
  • One man's trash is another man's treasure.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
I think I've still got my original NES classic in the closet at my moms house. My brother and I would hook it up when visiting for the holidays. I'm with Jeepsnbusses, it's fun for a while then we get over it.

The original Super Nintendo was one of the best.  I had my Sega so my parents never bought me one, but mannnnn I have so many great memories of playing Castlevania, TMNT, Megaman, all the Donkey Kongs.  My buddies and I would stay up until 4-5 AM switching off playing Zelda.  So many good times in dusty basements on crap TVs.
Jeep: 1987 Cherokee w/ 4.0, 242, D30/44, and some things
Jeep: 1986 CJ7 w/ 258, 5-speed ((SOLD))
DD: Thirsty 2008 Chevy Silverado
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam

Offline matstclair

• Member 2017
  • 2015 JKU Sport
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 09:34:18 AM »

The original Super Nintendo was one of the best.  I had my Sega so my parents never bought me one, but mannnnn I have so many great memories of playing Castlevania, TMNT, Megaman, all the Donkey Kongs.  My buddies and I would stay up until 4-5 AM switching off playing Zelda.  So many good times in dusty basements on crap TVs.

The built in games lineup in both the NES Classic and Super NES Classic is actually pretty good. I've yet to play them all.

Offline WPJH

• Member 2017
  • I DID THIS TO TAKE UP SPACE
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »
... so I'm your buddy right?