Forum > Jeep Tech Talk

Angry Sparrows

(1/2) > >>

Jammer:
Ok, im trying to research as much as I can here, I'm finding several things that mention "angry sparrows" and at this time, seems to fit the "chirping" noise I just started hearing.  Ugh!  Now of course I'm by no means a mechanic (nor arm chair one for that matters) so I can't call it.

Need to dive deeper into what this actually is, what causes it and possible fixes.

zuke:
If that's the sound you've got now, that's frequently the Double Cardan in the front drive shaft.... Did you listen to some of the recordings of it on You Tube to see if it sounds the same?

overhead:
Where is the noise coming from? constant or only under power? have you pulled the front driveshaft yet to see if the sound goes away? grab the front and rear driveshaft and give a good and hearty shake. does it move? even a little?

Jammer:

--- Quote from: zuke on December 19, 2017, 02:05:04 PM ---If that's the sound you've got now, that's frequently the Double Cardan in the front drive shaft.... Did you listen to some of the recordings of it on You Tube to see if it sounds the same?

--- End quote ---

I actually did.  Sounds pretty much like it.  Especially when you get up on the gas.  Let off the gas, sound goes away.

Jammer:

--- Quote from: overhead on December 19, 2017, 02:05:23 PM ---Where is the noise coming from? constant or only under power? have you pulled the front driveshaft yet to see if the sound goes away? grab the front and rear driveshaft and give a good and hearty shake. does it move? even a little?

--- End quote ---

Noise coming from the front under power. 

Haven't pulled the shafts.  This noise just popped up.  Now in troubleshooting the vibration issue, everyone has said that both driveshafts felt good. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version